As an event planner I get asked a lot what brides should do about the less than excited bridesmaid so after careful thought I have compiled a few thoughts and tips to share. Bridesmaids remember that it is not about the dress, the color, or style but about you playing an active role. You are responsible for taking weight off the brides shoulders, helping a friend or family member, and helping keep stress at a minimum. Please do NOT cause the bride more stress! Here are a few tips;
1. If you live close by organize a monthly get together to keep everyone one the same page, craft, or have a glass of wine. Maybe even do lunch or dinner on occasion.
2. Planning a shower if bride wants one whether it is a couple shower, females only, or both.
3. If you live far away call, email, PM regularly to stay in touch with what is going on. Ask what you can do to help by doing research, scanning through invitation ideas, etc.
4. **If you are the Maid of Honor then it is your responsibility to organize all bridesmaids, not the brides. Help her search for dresses that suit everyone and be proactive about meeting other bridesmaids especially if you have never meet!
5. Plan non wedding related activities to help the bride stay relaxed and not stressed out. She needs to relax and enjoy this process.
6. Most importantly remember that your job will vary so be open to anything, AVAILABLE, and willing to help! Even if all your bride needs is moral support!
BRIDES— Remember to pick wisely and happy planning :)